Location: apartment treadmill
Distance: 5.0 miles
Time: 45 minutes
Last night Mike and I drove to Santa Monica for some celebratory An-gelato! Mike got a scoop of orange vanilla which tasted like a creamsicle and I had a scoop of chocolate pistachio.
As I mentioned yesterday we found out I was accepted into my top choice grad school program for the Fall (I am still awaiting decisions from three other programs). Mike and I are really excited with the idea of moving back to the East Coast this summer to begin a new chapter in our lives and I can’t wait to get back to school. My backpack and first day outfit are already laid out in anticipation.
Since it’s the beginning of February it’s time to look back at my January goals and make some new ones for this month.
1. Drink more water. I usually do pretty well with my water intake but in December I started ordering more lemonades and drinking Mike’s Sprite when he wasn’t looking than I’d like to. I don’t remember drinking any soda this month except for once at the movies. I think I did a good job with this goal and know that the past few days I have been carrying my water bottle around with me and drinking more than usual.
2. Continue to explore California every weekend. We explored Pasadena and ran the Rose Bowl 10K, traveled to Santa Barbara for a fun day of hiking and pizza, and had a delicious BBQ dinner in Long Beach.
3. Cook at least one meal using a new recipe. I made a few batches of Chocolate Almond granola which was the first time I have ever made granola. Mike and I also tried to make a chocolate cheesecake but failed horribly and had to throw almost everything out.
4. Stick to our marathon training plan. We haven’t been doing a great job getting our weekend long runs in but we are still running and I have been trying to log miles every day.
5. Run a sub-1:55 half-marathon with Mike. We accomplished this at the 13.1 LA half! We ran it in 1:51.
6. Attend 3 yoga classes this month. I didn’t achieve this goal. I really wanted to incorporate more yoga into my workout schedule but didn’t even attend one class. Looks like I need to include this goal in February and work a bit harder at making it happen.
1. Attend at least 3 yoga classes this month (one a week would be ideal)!
2. Run at least one race this month (hopefully the Arizona half on Feb. 25).
3. Create a new dish for dinner.
4. Buy a new pair of jeans. My current jeans don’t fit and I keep putting off shopping because sweatpants are just far more comfortable.
5. Continue to explore new areas of California (especially knowing that we are going to be leaving this summer!).
6. Look into housing and scholarship options in preparation for school.
7. Blog once a day. I slacked at the end of January and want to go back to daily blogging.